Vrischikasana yoga pose is described in yoga as an advanced yoga asana. it is also called Scorpion Yoga Pose. To practice this asana, deep balancing strength and determination are required. Once you get started this pose in the right way and with full concentration, so your body structure starts to look like a scorpion when you do this asana.
For this exercise, it is very important to have healthy and strong shoulders. If you are doing this for the first time then there may be a difficulty, but by practicing slowly, this asana will seem easy.
Steps of doing Vrischikasana Yoga Pose
Like the successful result of any work is given only then when it is completed correctly. Similarly, the successful effect of Vrischikasana Yoga will be seen only then when the easing of this yoga is completed in the correct posture. Any yoga pose or asana, if not done properly, can also result in just the opposite of what you have practiced.
Therefore, before doing the posture of Vrischikasana Yoga, be sure to do it with your yoga expert at once.
- To practice the posture, first, you should stand on your knees by laying a mat or carpet on the ground.
- Bring your hands to the front and place the elbows on the floor.
- Place the forehead on the floor and come in the posture of headstand (with both hands and head lift, the legs up). Straighten the spine and legs.
- When the balance is on hold, bend the legs from the knees and bring them to an angle of 90 degrees.
- Keep the area straight from the knees to the soles.
- Point both feet to the front.
- Now, while balancing, lift the head up and try to look towards the front.
- The longer you are comfortable in this state, the longer you stay in this posture.
- Exhaling will return to normal.
- While doing this asana, meditation should be done on the upper side of Nasika or on the Bhrkuti.
Benefits of doing Vrischikasana Yoga Pose
- It is a good posture for fat loss.
- With this practice, the body starts feeling lighter by removing excess fat.
- Regular exercise strengthens the muscles of the back and shoulders.
- Vrischikasana asana helps you to widen up your chest, hips, and shoulders.
- Blood circulation is accelerated by its practice.
- It helps in purifying the blood by increasing the speed of the heart.
- Improves concentration ability by developing brain activeness.
- Perception makes power strong.
- Makes the spine strong and flexible.
- Increases lung function.
- Makes skin glowing.
- Sharpens the eyes.
- Untimely gray hair, hair loss, etc. fixes problems by this asana.
- Its regular practice develops tolerance in a person.
- Vrischikasana yoga can also reduce the chances of osteoporosis and back pain.
- The benefits you get from doing headstand and Chakrasana, you also get the same benefit of them through Vrischikasana yoga.
Tips for beginners before they start
- Beginners should not practice this asana.
- The best decision is to resort to the wall when practicing it for the first time.
- In this asana, you should have a good balance over your body. Therefore, before starting the practice of Vrischikasana, one should master this asana.
- This asana can give difficulty to those who are suffering from obesity. To be successful in this, the spine needs to be flexible and strong.
- To practice it for the first time, from 6 to 5 weeks, try to lift the body only with the help of the wall.
- To avoid injury while practicing, you can keep a soft blanket under you.
Precautions need to be taken while doing Vrischikasana Yoga Pose
- Keep in mind that if you are doing this yoga pose for the first time, this is the first time you are doing any yoga, then always seek the help of an expert.
- Also, if someone has problems with diseases like blood pressure, tuberculosis, heart problems, ulcers, or hernias, then they should not practice Vrischikasana Yoga Pose.
Are you still curious to learn more about yoga asana? In fact, you can join a yoga school in Rishikesh, India. This might help you to go through many asanas for good results.